ORCHID ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
Deadline for entries: February 7, 2020
Please bring your entries to the Toronto Botanical Garden on February 7 between 12 noon and 6 PM.
Artists may request space for 1-4 works in the following categories. Maximum size is 36 inches ( 90 cm. ) by 36 inches ( 90 cm. ), including frame. Please bring works framed or ready to hang on walls or put on easels. Please arrange to pick up your exhibits at the end of the show Sunday February 10, between 5:15 and 6 pm. All entries must be orchid-related. All entries must be orchid-related.
ORCHID ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION :
104. Paintings: oils, watercolors, and pastels
105. Mixed media art – works incorporating non-traditional media with or without paints. Entries may include fabric art, wood carving, ceramic, glass, etc.
106. Orchids in use including corsages and arrangements. Orchids must predominate.
107. Portraiture - use of artificial light to enhance presentation. Subject of photograph can be of a single flower, whole stem of flowers and or whole plants.
108. Au Naturel – use of natural light for in situ photos, group photos and or whole plant with container.
109. Photographic works using techniques of exposure and/or development and/or computer programs to manipulate the image
( Note: Entries in Classes 104-109 must have been created by the exhibitor and not previously exhibited at a S.O.O.S. orchid show. )
In order to exhibit, the Artist must remit 15% commission of any sale to the Southern Ontario Orchid Society. This amount will be deducted at the time of sale. Purchased items will be removed at time of sale and a "This Item Sold" will be put in its place.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Work previously shown at a Southern Ontario Orchid Show will not be accepted.
Volunteers and exhibitors have one free pass to the show. If you could volunteer for security or setup, it would be greatly appreciated. Please contact us with the times you are available to volunteer.
Photography at the show:
( Hand-held cameras only )
Sat & Sun 11 am - 5 pm
Special Sessions for Photographers ( Uni- and Tri- pods permitted )
All photographers are reminded that orchid flowers are delicate, and that they must not be disturbed. Please make sure that your camera does not come in contact with any part of the enchanting displays as you snap photographs. Thank you.
In submitting this application the exhibitor/seller accepts the terms stated in this application and assumes the entire responsibility and liability for losses, damages, and claims arising out of the exhibitors activities at the Toronto Botanical Garden and will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Toronto Botanical Garden, its agents, servants, employees, and the Southern Ontario Orchid Society, its officers and members from any and all losses, damages, and claims.