Sunday 3 March 2019 at the Toronto Botanical Gardens in Floral Hall
- Sales start at 12:00 (not before)
- Meeting starts at 1:00
Dave Sorokowsky of Paph Paradise
- Socail Break. Treats provided by members with last names beginning with E through to G.
- Monthly show table. Bring your flowering plants for show and tell and points towards our annual awards.
Plant of the Month - Januray 2019
Erika Lorincz won the honours at the January 6th, 2019 meeting with a charming arrangement of three plants in a basket. The well-grown and wellflowered plants were a symphony of gold and pale greens! A green and gold Paphiopedilum venustum album with five flowers was balanced with a Pleurothallis ghiesbrechtianum (she got the plant many years ago from the late John Kafka) with lots of erect inflorescences festooned with yellow bells. A well-grown velvety Ludisia discolor provided the green plant used to fill in voids. To get such well-grown plants, Erika fertilizes weakly, weekly. She has them in shade outside in summer and on a NW facing window in winter.
2019 Membership on sale now at the membership desk or ONLINE.
Annual membership is $30 with the newsletter by email. Newsletter by Canada Post $15 extra unless you are a pre 2011 member in continuous good standing receiving the newsletter by Canada Post.
Now is the time to get your 2019 SOOS memberships. The earlier you purchase or renew a membership, the more opportunities you will have to win the draw for a blooming orchid at the November, December and January meetings. You must be in attendance to win the orchid draw, so if your name is chosen and you are not in attendance, we will draw again until a winner is chosen. All names go back into the draw for the following month, so purchase your membership early to increase your odds of winning.
You can now join or renew your membership through this website (by PayPal). More info...
- March 3, Dave Sorokowsky, Paph Paradise
- April 7, Cultural Round tables
- May 5, Shawn Hillis, from Garden Slippers - Calgary Alberta
- June 2, Melissa McCormick, Smithsonian Environmental Research Centre, Washington, DC
- August 11 - OrchidFest, Alan Koch, Gold Country Orchids, Lincoln, California
- Sept 1, Glen Decker, Piping Rock Orchids, Galway, New York
- Oct 6, Dr. Kristen Uthus, New World Orchids, Manchester, Michigan
- Nov 3, George Hatfield, Hatfield Orchids, Oxnard, California
- Dec 1, Annual Fund Raiser Auction and Holiday Pot-luck luncheon.